intro

A random series of articles on war gaming in 40K, FOW and other systems. The headings are, WiP; Conversions and models in various states of assembly. PiP; Paint works on various models. Mission Critical; scenarios or missions to bring a bit of a twist to a normal game. MiA; rules for units and characters that could/should/might appear in a game. Dig In; How to guides on making various types of terrain for different game systems. Sit Rep; Battle reports and after action reports on games played

Thursday, May 15, 2014

WiP (FoW) Winter American Mortars and weapons platoons

Mortar team getting ready
Some photo of my in progress winter American mortar and heavy weapons. Modelling wise I really like the opportunity Flames of war gives you to go to town on the bases.  The only new method tried this time was using plastic card to create  ammo boxes and mortar casings. I really liked how they turned out.



LMG team getting ready







Mortar platoon getting ready for winter


Left is scratch built ammo boxes vs manufacturer made boxes on the left




3 comments:

Paul W said...

Looking good! I like how there's lots of detail on the bases, but the figures are still the main focus. Cheers, Paul.

Frank O Donnell said...

They look good Darra, will be doing some for each season ?

Dakeryus said...

Cheers Paui, I am really liking the detailing/diaroma aspect on the large artillery base.

@ Frank, When I read your post I thought about the new Saga army I have on the way. The Welsh in Autumn sounds interesting :).

Post a Comment